Friday, September 5, 2008

new beginnings

I've been meaning to blog for ages but have never gotten around to do it. I believe it is one part being extremely busy with school and the other part just, plain, outright laziness and a refusal to sit down and do something about it.

Evidently, procrastination is still my number one vice, right after coffee and impulsive bursts of shopping. =)

As for my current progress, I am now a full-fledged (or is it "full-pledged??" I can never be sure which is the correct term...) chee-cher. Alhamdulillah. And Insyaallah, I will try my very best to be a capable one!

Frankly speaking, I've been trying to keep the latter revelation under wraps, not because I'm a secretive little goon but mainly because of deep-rooted insecurities about my new career. Perhaps, the less people know about what I do for a living, the less they would also know about how incompetent I am at work..??

Another reason is because, I am, by nature, a rather low profile person who does not wish to have the limelight focused too much on myself, for fear that people will not like what they see under close scrutinity.

Anyway, what better time to start a new blog than at the start of the fasting month and during the school September holidays when I have plenty of time to spare? However, "plenty of time" is a misleading phrase because it's already friday and the week is coming to a close... with me still having piles of worksheets to mark, papers to set, and lessons to plan! Sigh. How time flies when you're having fun.

YES. I'm guilty of spending the holidays oversleeping at home, bergolek-golek on my Ikea sofa-bed until the most disgusting hours of the afternoon. But isn't that what the holidays are for? =p

No comments: